Thursday, October 2, 2008

What a September 2008


Wow! I look backed and realized I haven't updated my blog for a long time. September was a crazy, busy month.
I had two classes in the month of September in school and that kept me busy. I had Pschology and Anatomy. I learned a lot in both, but I felt that I was never home!
Chris and Greg rode Lotoja the second Saturday in September. That turned out to be quite an event. The race started out a little bumpy. They had a few crashes in the first miles of the race and both came to the first "feed zone" a little upset. They were riding with a few inexperienced riders that caused some problems and a few minor injuries. The race continued, and I think Brandi and I felt more prepared this year than the past year. Chris and Greg finished not far off from the pace they were aiming for.
The drama didn't start until after the race ended. Chris had not been feeling well for the few days leading up to the race. After the race, he was having a hard time catching his breath. We got back to the condo we were staying in and Chris got showered and settled down for the night. It didn't take long for him to realize that he was not doing well. Brandi's mom was in Jackson with us, and after feeling his pulse and listening to his respiration, decided that we should head to the ER. Because of our experience last year, we knew just how to get there!! We were admitted and the tests and blood work were taken. The doctor returned telling us that Chris's troponin levels and EKG were abnormal and this may be an indicator of a heart attack. WHAT!!! After some more tests and a stay in the ICU, Chris was released the next morning with instructions to follow up with a doctor when we returned to Utah. Fortunately, the doctors here think Chris is ok. It was just a little bit of a scare that I'm glad turned out to be ok.

1 comment:

Mandee said...

I'm glad Chris got a good bill of health from the docs. Still scary. OK, so after re-reading your Democratic Convention post, I'm seeing the sarcasm. Things are starting to make more sense=)
BTW: I think we should do a GNO, and visit the Body World exhibit in SLC. This should complement your anatomy class!